Road Bike Frame Size Chart: How to Choose the Bike for Him and Her
Buying a bicycle is not a one-time event. To make the subsequent ride comfortable and painless, even on the professional track, it is necessary to understand how to determine the size of the bicycle frame. Because it is the frame and handlebars that determine a smooth and comfortable ride.
Men’s Road Bike Size Chart: How to Choose a Frame Size?
With a properly sized rigid design, there will be conditions for easy pedaling and steering. Improperly sized road bike frames can lead to misalignment, sore leg joints, and excessive strain on the back and wrists. To keep your body tilted over the bike as comfortable as possible no matter the distance, you should know how to use the size chart for road bikes.
Due to the pandemic, ordering and buying bikes online has become very popular. It’s beneficial to everyone, since the seller doesn’t spend the money to maintain the store and pay the assistant, and the buyer has the opportunity to just sit on the couch and pick out a bicycle. Also, the cost of bicycles on the Internet is much lower than in stores. But then how to try the bike before buying, you ask? No one is stopping you from going and trying out a bike, but also no one is asking you to buy one on the spot in the store.
Why Is It Important to Get the Right Size Bike?
The right size of the bike’s frame not only affects your comfort but also your riding safety. If you ride the wrong size bike, you could be injured in an extreme situation, such as sudden braking. Also, do not choose a size that is too small, as you will have the wrong fit, which will result in improper loading of the knee joints, which can also lead to further injuries.
Trek Road Bike Size Chart: Preparation before Choosing
- Most manufacturers have their own specialized road bike size chart. See the part of the article where we explain how to choose a bicycle size depending on the height.
- Try to measure your actual height, without shoes.
- If you can’t find the information from the manufacturer, match your model to the standard size chart.
- If your height falls within the intersection of the recommended frames, buy a bicycle with a less rigid construction for classic riding. For sport road riding, it’s better to pick a larger size than a smaller one.
- When choosing between the two sizes, keep in mind that bikes with a smaller frame are more maneuverable.And also they are more light-weighted, this is exactly what is needed for racing.
- Are there any women’s road bike size charts? Special sizing of women’s bicycles – a successful marketing ploy. Basically, they are sharpened under the design, rather than physiology. So when choosing a frame size for women’s bicycles, feel free to explore the men’s range as well.
Examine the Bicycle
Before you find out your bike frame size, using the road bike size chart, try out the universal rule of bike selection. It works directly in stores or at pickup points. You need to stand in relation to the assembled bike so that the saddle rests on the back, and the top tube was under the crotch. The distance between the tube and the groin should be between 2 and 6 inches (ca. 15 cm). A smaller distance is a guarantee of future perineal injuries. Greater distance, as practice shows, makes the bike less stable.
Road Bike Frame Size Chart: What Is the Difference?
Racing, road bikes always have sleek models with lightweight frames. Their shape is designed for aerodynamics and fast movement. The size of the bike frame in relation to height is important: riders bend when riding forward, reducing wind resistance. The choice of frame is very important because the outcome of the competition depends on it. That’s why professional cyclists choose their bikes carefully. It has to become one with the person in order to reach high speeds. Now we will show you two charts, using which you may choose the right fit of the bike for you!
1st Option: Road Bike Size Chart by Height
It’s very simple, you just need to know your height, and then just match your data and bike size. Let’s say your height is 4’11″ (1.5 m) — 5’3″ (1.6 m), then your bike size should be approximately 13-15 inches. For a height of 5’3″ (1.6 m) — 5’7″ (1.7 m), you should pick a bike between 15 and 16 inches (ca. 41 cm). Next: if your height is 5’7″ (1.7 m) — 5’11″ (1.8 m), then a bike 16 to 17 inches (ca. 43 cm) is perfect for you.For people, 6’0″ (1.83 m) to 6’2″ (1.88 m) tall, the bike should be 17 to 19 inches (ca. 48 cm). For very tall people (6’2″ (1.88 m) and up), you should choose a range of bikes that are 21″ and up.
2nd Option: Road Bike Size Chart in Inches and Cm
We really hope that we were able to help you in choosing your best friend, namely a road bike. You should always be careful when choosing a road bike because they are expensive, and you hope to use them for a long time.
- We see you like it! We hope to have a feedback from you!
- We know you did not like it but at least tell why :(
4 Bike Hitch Rack: Types, Tips for Choosing, and Top-5 Hitch Bike Racks
A bicycle gives its owner an incomparable feeling of freedom. It is freedom from gas stations, traffic, people, and even...
Bike Friday: Know How to Catch the Best Black Friday Road Bike Deal
The Sale Day or, as we call it, Black Friday, is the most important event in the world of American...