How to Prepare Your Bike for A Trip
Bicycles are the most affordable and handy type of transport if you want to travel nearby. But it is very important to make sure that your bike is ready for the journey. You need to take several measures to prevent accidental breakages and make your journey comfortable.
- First, you need to get sure that all technical and moving parts of your bike are all right. Checking the gears and brakes is necessary to be safe on the road. Grease your bike’s chain and gears before departure and take your toolset with you so you will be able to fix your bike if something happens.
- Once you will set up your bike, compile all necessary tools and spare parts. A spare camera, portable pumper, patches, and glue will help you not to get stuck on the road and patch your tire in the case of a flat.
- Arrange a trunk on your bike to carry all needed things and other stuff. You can use a rear bicycle trunk or a front basket to keep essential items at hand.
- Check your lights. You will need lights to be safe on the road and to light the way if the night will catch you on the way.
- Bring enough water with you in stock. Also, keep a flask or a bottle of water at hand to stay hydrated during the ride. Small snacks are also welcomed. Cycling requires a lot of energy and you need to think ahead in order to provide yourself with enough food to cope with the loads.
- Bring a map with you to get sure that you’re on the right way. Paper maps will serve you just as well as your smartphone or navigator. Just keep it from the water and keep the eye on the road. Power Bank will let you keep your smartphone and other devices charged. Also, don’t forget your headphones to enjoy your favorite music while you’re out in nature.
Cycling trips bring unforgettable experiences. It’s a good opportunity to challenge yourself and your bike. Make sure that you have everything you need before departure to make your journey a pleasant and comfortable event. Nature sceneries and pleasant physical activity will bring you a lot of delight. You can go on a trip on a city bike or choose a retro road bike to make the ride the most comfortable and classy.
- We see you like it! We hope to have a feedback from you!
- We know you did not like it but at least tell why :(
How to Repair and Change Tubular Tire? Follow Our Guidance and Get the Job Done!
With every cyclist sooner or later happens such an unpleasant situation as a punctured or cut of bicycle tubular tire....
Everything You Need to Know About Adding Sealant to Tubeless Bike Tires
The bike tire sealant is an excellent solution for punctures. It is easy to use and does not require any...