How to Choose the Right Cross-Country Bike
Cross-country bike alias mountain and all-terrain bike is the most common bicycle type which you can see everywhere. Originally developed for cross-country and off-road rides, cross-country bikes can be seen on the bicycle routes, on the streets of big cities, and on the freeways.
Cross-country bikes have gained their wide popularity because of their handy and comfortable construction which suits any possible terrain. Novice and pro cyclists choose cross-country bikes because of their ease of use.
What do you need to know to choose the right cross-country bike which will perfectly suit you?
Their popularity significantly simplifies the selection process but there’re a lot of low-quality cross-country bikes on the market today. You need to follow a few simple rules in order to choose the right and quality bicycle.
- First, you must pay attention to the bicycle frame. It’s the most important part of your future bicycle which cannot be replaced hereinafter. Steel, aluminum, and titan frames are used for cross-country bicycle equipment. Aluminum frame is the best option due to its lightness and durability. Make sure that the bicycle frame perfectly suits your height. It shouldn’t reach your crotch when you stand straight. Also, you should have the availability to completely straighten your legs while pedaling while raising the saddle for no more than thirty centimeters.
- Secondly, make sure that your potential bike features quality brakes, a gear system, and strong transmission cables. These parts could be replaced in the future but low-quality and unreliable parts may cause dangerous situations on the road. Amortization system should be very sensible to provide smooth and effective obstacles’ overcoming.
- Thirdly, cross-country bikes feature shortened frames and high-placed pedal bushing to increase the bike’s maneuverability. Cross-country bikes should be easy to operate and handle.
- Lastly, you should purchase bikes only in specialized shops that sell labeled and quality bikes from world-class producers. You can buy a qualitative and good bike on the market also but such a decision carries certain risks. You will receive a guarantee, certification, and professional assistance in specialized shops which will help you to make the right decision.
- We see you like it! We hope to have a feedback from you!
- We know you did not like it but at least tell why :(
Kids Bike Gloves: Recommendations on How to Choose and Why They Are Important
Riding a bike is an interesting and healthy activity, during which sometimes falls and injuries occur. During a fall, the...
Ride with Comfort! Handy Tips on How to Choose the Best Bike Shoes for Wide Feet
Why Wide Mountain Biking Shoes? Cycling shoes for wide feet are probably the most underrated element of bicycle equipment. Many...