Best Trike for Toddler: Full Instruction on How to Choose Your Best Toddler Trike
Choosing the Best Toddler Tricycle
Your baby has grown and is no longer sitting in the stroller? But he just can’t stomp his mischievous feet in a certain direction? You are at a loss – how can you get to the nearest park or store with your toddler? Nothing is impossible.
Every parent has a wonderful helper – the best baby tricycle. In addition to the fact that the baby is happy to sit on it and go wherever the parent wants, he gets a lot of different benefits from riding:
- strengthens muscles, develops movement coordination and endurance;
- trains the vestibular system;
- strengthens the immune system and improves circulation;
- trains the eye muscles (often looks into the distance);
- increases vitality and mood.
A child on the best toddler trike is no longer a passive passenger in a stroller. Even in his first transport, he tries to manage it, actively working with his legs and hands, feeling his independence, and experiencing a lot of positive emotions. But in order to get all these benefits, you need to choose the right children’s vehicle and our toddler tricycle review will help you out!
Children’s three-wheeled models are divided into 2 large groups:
- Bicycle with a parent handle (for children 1-3 years). It is distinguished by a parental handle, highchair-shaped seat, safety belts, fabric insert, safety rim, footrest, sunshade, musical panel, and other attributes. The purpose of the stroller – comfortably transport your baby and entertain him at the same time.
- Classic bicycle with 3 wheels for independent riding (2-4 years). Has a seat without a backrest, more functional pedals, lightweight. There is no parent handle.
In addition, there are many intermediate models that combine elements of both types of this transport. However, experienced parents say that picking a universal model from 1 to 4 years old still will not work, so at first, it is better to buy a bike with a parent handle, and after 2-3 years of age it is better to replace it with a classic bicycle with 3 wheels.
What You Need to Pay Attention to before Buying the Best Kids Trike
- The price. We are used to the fact that the higher the price, the better the quality. But this is not always the case. Often for the high price, we are offered far from the best models. Of course, at very low prices it is impossible to buy the best trikes for toddlers, which will serve the child faithfully until he grows out of it. But this does not mean that it is impossible to buy one of the top tricycles for toddlers with good quality inexpensively.
- The frame material. Study what material is used to make the frame of a children’s bike that you want to buy. It can be plastic, steel or wood. If you opt for eco-friendly wood, choose a resilient species (birch or the benchmark). If you prioritize lightweight construction, buy a model with a plastic frame. If you expect the bike to live for several years, you need the metal best baby trike.
- The stability. Pay attention to the wheels of children’s transport. They should be wide and stable. Check the center of gravity. It should not be overstated. Look if there is a turn restriction or on the steering wheel. Its absence can turn into an accident – the bike may fall on its side when making a sharp turn.
- The weight. A lightweight best push trike for toddlers is much easier to learn how to ride. It is easier to get it into the elevator or lift it to the floor. But the lightest plastic models are very unreliable. The best option is when the parts that experience the most stress are made of small-diameter hollow metal tubes.
- The wheels. They should be made of rubber or soft plastic. They will not rattle like plastic ones and provide good cushioning. Excellent, if the wheels and pedals are equipped with anti-slip coating. The baby will easily learn to stay in the saddle if the wheels of his bicycle are wide enough, and the tires – tenacious. Wheels of foam rubber weigh the vehicle, and plastic – make a lot of noise. Therefore, inflatable rubber wheels are the best option. They have to be pumped up, but the babies are most comfortable with them. The wheel diameter for a three-wheeled bicycle should be no more than 12 inches.
- The fixation in the saddle. At the age of 2-4 years, your baby will need fixation. He may get tired or doze off in the saddle. This is where cloth pants, a safety headband in a wheelchair, and seat belts come in handy.
- The parent handles. If you decide to buy a tricycle with a handle, pay attention to its length and mechanism of operation. The length should match the height of the person who will walk with a child. According to the mechanism of operation, there are handles that turn the front wheel. But in some bicycles, the front wheel is fixed only in the “straight” position, and the handle pushes the vehicle forward.
- The brakes. It is too difficult for a small person to clearly control their actions in extreme situations. Therefore, the best push tricycles, as a rule, are sold without a handbrake. Therefore, the main brake of a children’s bicycle is a foot brake.
- The special footrest stand. Small children quickly get tired when pedaling, so for children from one-year-old, tricycles should be equipped with a special plastic footrest. When the child gets tired, you can move his feet from the pedals to the footrest stand and carry him as a passenger in a stroller.
- The warranty. Before buying, specify the warranty period for the bicycle and read all the documentation for the children’s bike. The normal warranty period is from 1 year.
- Additional accessories. The baby will be happy if he has an opportunity to press the horn and honk all around, turn on the music and turn on the lights on the panel. Check that all of these accessories are in good working order.
If you understand what a tricycle for your children is better on the technical characteristics, but are afraid not to guess with the color or size of transport, it is better to go to the store with your child. Until the age of three, babies often reach for very bright colors. And this is good because such colors contribute to the development of children’s intelligence. Try not to limit your baby’s desire. Be attentive to how the bike is painted.
If you find chips on the enamel, refuse to buy such a bike. Such a product will not last long and will hurt the delicate skin of the child. A little trick from the psychologists! If you categorically do not like the design or color of the bicycle that your child picked up, offer your child any bright red model. The baby will immediately agree.
Top 5 Tricycle Reviews
Remember that choosing a children’s tricycle – like picking up a car: you can always take the basic package and add accessories gradually. Baskets, bells, flashlights – all can be purchased as needed.
Joovy Tricycoo Review
Joovy Tricycoo is made just for the child to master steering and learn to ride it independently. The frame of the bike is aluminum, all other parts are plastic. Therefore, it rattles on the road without a child, despite the rubberized wheels. According to our Joovy Tricycoo 4.1 tricycle review, the main feature of this bike is the parental controls. The handle has a very noticeable backlash. It is made specifically so that the adult pushes the bike forward, and the child himself can turn the handlebars a small angle to the left or right.
Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer and Stroll Trike
This cute and fun tricycle is made especially for toddlers. Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer and Stroll is a versatile bike because it easily converts from an adjustable pushbike to a regular tricycle. This bike is equipped with an adjustable seat, which will help you find a comfortable height for your child.
Schwinn Roadster Tricycle Review
Love the retro style? Then our Schwinn Roadster 12-inch trike review is just for you! This bike will surprise you with its choice of colors and its chrome parts with its reliability! The sturdy steel frame is ready to withstand the weight of a child up to 60 pounds, which equals the weight of a child from 3 to 5 years old.
Smartrike Glow 4-in-1 Baby Trike Review
This bicycle will easily and more importantly safely help your baby gain confidence and learn to ride and keep his balance. In case the child is not able to pedal independently, then parents can fold back the footrest and push the bike with one hand. Our Smartrike review definitely recommends this bike!
Besrey for Boarding Lightweight Newborn Baby Stroller Review
Thanks to its 7-in-1 design, Besrey Kids tricycle 7-in-1 baby trike tricycle review states that this bike is very versatile: it is both an infant seat and a classic tricycle. It is also possible to lock the front wheel and then the child does not have the opportunity to pedal.
That is our TOP-5 list of tricycles. We have tested all of these bikes for you and your child to assure the quality and versatility of the bikes. Thank you for staying with our blog, see you in the next articles!
- We see you like it! We hope to have a feedback from you!
- We know you did not like it but at least tell why :(
Best Dog Bike Trailer: Create a Comfort for Your Pet with the Dog Bicycle Cart
Why Do You Need a Bike Cart for Dogs? Recently, it has become very popular to have a healthy lifestyle...
Connecticut Biking Trails: Know Where the Beautiful Trails for Great Rides Are!
It Is Time to Bike! The quarantine was loosened, it’s July outside, so it’s time to get out our bikes...